Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some Snaps from Tajikistan

I realized it's been a year since I've been based in Ukraine. I wasn't really going to stay here so long, but strange enough, it's already a year since.
I took a week trip to Tajikistan to shoot a minority called Yagnob who live in the mountains. Tajikistan was one of the countries where I dreamed about going since I was little. When looking at the small country on the world map in school, I had no idea what would be like over. But, after living in Ukraine, it's interesting to find something similar to what I found in Ukraine as they were in the same Soviet Union before. Sceneries are, off course, pretty different except those Soviet buildings, and people also look different. But, people (mostly guys since a lot of them served for the army) keep something Russian more or less. For the first timer, it was a bizzare mix - Russian and Muslim culture. It's strange, but I always feel excitement and disappointment at the same time when coming to a new place. It's always quite different, yet it's still the same. Change in location is like being under influence and a little child for a little while. I will update photos for the project soon.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm "excitement and disappointment at the same time when coming to a new place. It's always quite different, yet it's still the same. Change in location"
wait to see your Yagnob story :)

SP said...

Brilliant photography. That kid diving is a stunning shot especially. Really enjoying your blog!

help with dissertation said...

Thanks for this post! i really enjoyed reading it!!!